Sometimes your pets or children plays with your computer or laptops. This can be fun for them but it may become disaster for you. This fun can erase the useful details from the device. But don’t worry this problem can be solved while locking your keyboard keys and mouse. We have got tools for locking and unlocking the keyboard with the quick keyboard shortcuts.
This is one of the simplest method to lock the keyboard. The keyboard shortcut is built into the windows operating system. One can lock it by pressing “Windows Key + L” together. User can access the devices again by simply pressing the “Enter Key” and typing the password.
Create the Shortcut Icon on the Desktop
User can create the shortcut icon on the desktop to lock the device. For this follow the steps mentioned below.
- Right click on the desktop.
- Click on “New” & then select “Shortcut”
- Now type “rundll32.exe user 32.dll,LockWorkStation”.
- Click on “Next” button and then “Finish”
To access the use of the keyboard, double click on the shortcut that you have created.
Using the Tools
There are some tools available in the internet which helps to lock the devices. User can lock the keyboard, mouse and even drives or power button from user interaction. These tools are also useful if you want to clean your keyboard and mouse without unplugging from a booted up Windows. Some of them are Toddler Tap, Toddler Keys, KeyFreeze, Kid-Key-Lock etc.
- User can also the lock device through the command prompt.
- This can be done clicking on the "Start" menu, then selecting "Run" and typing "cmd" (without quotes) in the field.
- Finish the action by clicking "OK."
- Complete the action by typing in "rundll32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkStation" and clicking "Enter."
- After the keyboard is locked, nobody else can use it. But the computer is still on.
Lock Windows Session
- If your keyboard lacks a "Windows" key, you can still lock the keyboard by pressing "CTRL" + "Alt" + "Del" keys simultaneously for a few seconds.
- If the Windows Security window appears, select "Lock Computer."
- If the Task Manager window instead appears, select "Shutdown," then "Lock Computer" to lock the keyboard.
- Typing in your computer's password will log you back into the computer when you power it on